How to Set Handspun Art Yarn
- Bowl of Warm Water
- UNICORN Fibre Rinse or Beyond Soft
- Handspun Yarn, Skeined and tied in 4 places
- After your yarn is spun, wind it off the bobbin using a niddy-noddy.
- Tie the yarn in 4 sections around the skein so it does not get tangled during the setting process.
- Fill up a bowl with warm water and add 2 drops of Fibre Rinse (scented) or Beyond Soft (unscented) to the water.
- Swish the rinse in the water.
- Place the yarn gently in the water and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Gently remove the yarn from the water and hang in the shower or outside to dry.
- To speed up drying time, use a salad spinner or spin-dryer to remove excess water from the yarn before drying.