Greylee is a super warm cowl and shoulder warmer, that uses very little yarn! Stripe it with multiple yarns, or make it simple and solid.
- 25 yards of 2 WPI yarn - I used two skeins, Yarn A and B (one had 15 yards and the other had 10 yards)
- Size 35 circular needles, 32 inches long
- Gauge: 1.5-2.0 stitches/inch
Cast on 20 stitches (about 40 inches)
Join for working in the round (be careful not to twist!); place marker for beginning of the round if needed
*K2, P2* around
If using Multiple Yarns, you can get the most out of your yardage by switching to Yarn B when you have used up Yarn A.
To create Stripes: knit two rows with Yarn A, two rows with Yarn B, and repeat.
Bind Off Loosely after 10 rows (approximately 10 inches) , or when your cowl is the length you prefer.
Block with Unicorn Fibre Rinse. Gently pat dry, reshape and dry flat.
- Use this pattern as a "stashbuster" project to knit up the scraps of textured yarns in your stash.
- Use this pattern with a short yardage of art yarn striped with a commercial yarn.